Pages

Tuesday 21 May 2013

Observation - Stadium suave...

Something amused me today,  probably more than it should...

I had the opportunity to be at The Shay Stadium, the home of the Shaymen. Now it's no Old Trafford, the stands are aged and half built and the new conference centre is a bit on the dull side.

But then I got in the tiny lift (I had a trolley! I promise I usually walk up a single flight of stairs) to find it completely clad in a golden shiny antique pine. It tickled me that I had swerved around the many pot holes in the car park and eyed scaffolding that was rusted it had been there so many years...

Yet the lift, that would hold 8 people max, has been kitted out for decadence and a dated 1980s style.

Bizarre right?  Or bizarre that I noticed?
Either way it amused me enough to take a photo to share... :) xx

(Location photos from www.calderdale.gov.uk, pine lift my own)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go on... say it. :) xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...