Pages

Thursday 16 August 2012

Musings - Romantic notions...

I have this vision; it comes to me when I am listening to a particularly beautiful song. It is a flash of a story, maybe an inner desire, an idea?

I am slow dancing in a darkened room with a man. A band plays on a stage behind us, wooden floors are beneath our feet, light comes from a dimmed shiny ball above us. It’s warm but not hot, there may well be a crowd of dancers around us but we are not conscious of it. This man, this mystery dancer, is holding me close with one hand at the small of my back, the other hand hovering as if to cup my face. His brown eyes set in a pale face search mine, glance to my lips, his breathing shallow. This dance, this embrace, this song, this room has us bound together in an oblivion of anticipation.



He closes his eyes and in that moment I almost feel a kiss like a shiver of breath on the back of my neck…

And at that point a new song starts to play and my vision fades but it is always the same man, same room and same feeling of being completely and utterly overwhelmed by one person.

If only… :) xx


- Posted with music playing...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go on... say it. :) xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...