Pages

Monday 23 July 2012

Musings - One for the Money...

A review...

Usually I like to read a book before I watch the adaptation, though if the page version is a little hard going then admittedly I cheat. Like with The Time Traveller’s Wife; I tried to get past the first couple of chapters but in the end succumbed to the allure of Eric Bana in an effort to read on un-confused. And it worked; I ended up loving both the film and the novel. Same really with Nicholas Sparks, I always love the amount of emotion that goes into his adaptions and I feel watching them first only adds to the reading experience. Would Nick think the same? I don’t know, but if thinking of Zac Efron means I can read The Lucky One in a Sunday afternoon and ended up sobbing at the end that can only be good, right?

Anyway, to the point of this post… a couple of weeks ago me and the husband, the husband and I, watched ‘One For The Money’ starring Katherine Heigl and Jason O’Mara. I really enjoyed it but felt something was lacking. The characters were fun, likeable and the actors worked well together. But something was missing. It was only after watching it that I found out that the film was actually based on a novel of the same name by Janet Evanovich. Being a book lover and a bit shame faced that I didn’t know it was a book, I bought it. And when it arrived I read it in a ridiculously short amount of time, even for me.



You see I LOVED the book. Where I had appreciated the film, reading the book made it clear what was missing. Sure the characters were still the same, portrayed very well by Katherine and Jason, and the plot on the most part was true… the thing missing was Janet’s wit. Very rare do I read a book where I feel that I am listening to a story told like a tale by the author. One for the money was one of them. Janet reeled me in and left me wanting more when I had finished. Lucky for me there are currently eighteen books in the Stephanie Plum series. I have already bought the next two and am eagerly awaiting their arrival.

So after nearly 400 words, what I am trying to say is… I recommend One For The Money, in both formats. Both are entertaining, witty, easy to read and watch with a plot and characters what really make you want more more more. :) xx

- Posted on the move...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go on... say it. :) xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...