Pages

Friday 9 March 2012

Musings - Trifecta Writing Challenge (EXCLAMATION!)

Trifecta have given we writers an exciting challenge this weekend!

You can find out more on their website http://www.trifectawritingchallenge.com/ but let me tell you what it is...

"This weekend's challenge is to give us a story or snippet of a story which includes, in exactly 33 words, a justified exclamation point.  Make us believe that your exclamation point simply needs to be in your story."

I found it quite difficult. I use exclamation marks all the time, in my blog / texts, but never in a formal setting, and I know for a fact that very few of them would ever be classed as justified.

So I pondered, taking in to account my burgeoning characters and this is what I decided up on...

I took aim; string taut and arrow poised.

Hands steady; no tremor, no hesitation.

Pupils dilated; no blink stirred my amber lashes.

I released; whoosh, crack.

Wood splintered; relief, I still had it!

***

So, what do you think? Justified? :) xx

7 comments:

  1. Intense imagery. A exclamation worthy boast.

    ReplyDelete
  2. As one who was once good at archery but hasn't picked up a bow in DECADES, yes, I think you got it! Though in real life, my experience would have gone beyond 33 words and ended with, "Damn! My forearm stings!"

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice one there cupid. smiles

    ReplyDelete
  4. Justified for sure. There's nothing like a sense of accomplishment.

    ReplyDelete
  5. agreeing with Gal - it has been decades since I have shot a bow and yet, I can still feel the sting. :)

    Nicely done.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yep, I think it was justified. There's nothing quite like the feeling of knowing you've still got it...

    Thanks for linking up and I hope you'll join us for the weekday challenge.

    ReplyDelete

Go on... say it. :) xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...