Pages

Thursday 8 December 2011

Musings - Mama Kat's Workshop (8th December 2011)

Blast from the past: What were you writing about this time last year? What has changed since last year...

This time last year I hadn't updated my blog for a while. I was finally pregnant!

And during the first four or five months of my pregnancy I was really superstitious. Every time I came to write about it, I couldn't and then I found that I went months without visiting Memoirs of Existence because I felt that leaving out my big news was a kin to lying about what was happening in my life... and that just felt weird.

So I avoided blogging, until Christmas when I summed up the year! :)

So as you can imagine, and due to the fact that I post every day now, this time this year has completely changed from last. So let me sum it up... :)

* I FINALLY HAVE A BABY!
* We aren't snowed in yet, just a few flurries of snow that have not stuck.
* I am off work on maturnity leave so am able to watch all the day time Christmas movies.
* We have a pile of presents (ready to send to Santa of course) for Katharine.
* I am enjoying life for what feels like the first time in four years.
* I am taking part in an excellent workshop.

And...
* I now have a little someone I can sing Christmas Carols to who can't as yet tell me to shut up! :) xx

So come on... join in and tell us about your Christmas... http://www.mamakatslosinit.com/

6 comments:

  1. That's quite a big change since last year.

    Stopping by from writers workshop.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful way to look back and realize how blessed you are! Enjoy the holiday season with your little cutie!

    Visiting from Mama Kats.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I so know what you mean. Having a child totally changes Christmas for you. There is a lot more pressure but a lot more joy too. So happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How sweet to be able to see the wonderfulness of a year's time through your baby. Congratulations. And don't worry; once she's old enough to ask you to shut up, you still won't.

    ReplyDelete
  5. awww that's awesome. that first year when you're not a mom and then are a mom is just awesome and crazy and wild and wonderful .. and it just keeps getting better (for me). :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oooooh! Baby's first Christmas! I know it seemed like forever that you were pregnant, and now that she's finally here I'm sure she's the best gift ever. :)

    ReplyDelete

Go on... say it. :) xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...