Pages

Tuesday 16 August 2011

Snippet - Know me by letter (S to Z)...

The last of the letters... while not a conclusion of me, a brief pause in the insight...

KNOW ME BY LETTER

STATIONERY: When I was younger I was obsessed with collecting stationery. Pens, pencils, rubbers, notepads, bookmarks, highlighters, cases... if I am honest I still love visiting Staples just to wander down the isles. And my collection is still stored somewhere at my parents house. :)
TYPEWRITER: In 1993 my Mother and Father bought me a typewriter, I still have it to this day, and I know that it was tapping on those keys that sparked my love of writing. I am going to hunt down some ribbon and hopefully pass it down to Katharine.
UNIVERSITY: I went to Uni to study but came away with so much more than an education... A husband, a best friend, a renewed love of writing, confidence, memories of wild nights, wild men (ssh), an amazing pair of boots, sass and of course my degree but everyone has one of those these days.
VALLEY HIGH: My high school was named after the local Valley even though it sits at the top of the hill. Both my parents went there and because my family is so large, when I was in year 12 I had a relative in years 7, 8, 9, 10 and 11. :)
WRITING: The thing in life that gives me that burning buzz deep in my stomach when ever I am inspired to put pen to paper, fingertips to keys or voice to recorder. I always carry a notebook and jot down anything that comes to mind.
 X-RAY: Growing up I always seemed to be having Xrays. Age 3 - sweet wrapper in the stomach, Age 7 - broken arm, Age 10 - crushed fingers, Age 14 - badly sprained wrist. In my twenties I seemed to have a lot better control of my body, ha ha.
 YOU: I love meeting and getting to know new people, finding out what makes them, well, them. Through the blogging world I have met some great folk. Some are like minded while others challenge the very way that I think. You... have you in some way broadened me?
ZAI JAIN: For our honeymoon we went to China. 'Zai Jain' is Goodbye in Chinese. We had the most amazing time and even though we had hoped to learn some mandarin before we went we were only able to grasp a few phrases... this was one of them. :)

And that as they say is a wrap... for now...

So, do you know me any better?

:) xx

1 comment:

  1. Oooooh, China! Never been there, out of everywhere else I *have* been! I think we need a
    "Honeymoon recap!"

    ReplyDelete

Go on... say it. :) xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...