Pages

Thursday 11 August 2011

Musings - Mama Kat's Workshop (11th August 2011)

If you had the opportunity to throw a dream party for your closest family and friends, describe what that would look like...


Okay... close your eyes and picture this...

WAIT, WAIT, WAIT!!!

Read to the end and then close your eyes, sorry I should have been more specific. :)

When I decided to write this post I am afraid I latched on to the word 'dream' and as I began to think about what my party would be like I also dreamt that I won the lottery to pay for it, so beware...  this is not a rational party, it is the party I will never have.

The weather is perfect, obviously, as my family and friends arrive in their own horse drawn carriage wearing ball gowns and tuxedos which have been designed and made specifically for each of them. My mother is in her favourite Duck Egg blue, my best friend Jo in a sequined 1920s playful cerise and turquoise; the hundred guests all coiffed, taffeta cloaked, perfumed and enchanted. It's a dusky evening so arrival at the venue is by lanterns strung and fluttering along the pathway, music and the smell of deliciousness floating invitingly with the peaceful breeze.

I have rented Chatsworth House for the party, each room to be filled with excitement. Dancers, magicians, sporting heroes reciting antedotes, players performing pockets of Shakespeare, a cinema room showing Oscar winners... wildest dreams fulfilled as wanderers move from parlor to drawing room.

Anything is possible...

The picture gallery, running from one length of the house to the other, has a dining table laid through it. Silver and gold decorations, wines and champagnes, glittering embossed name tags and silverwear that has been polished to reflect both the candlelight and the vast aray of colours from voluptuous fabrics.

At one end of the room stands a chocolate fountain with strawberries and marshmellows the size of fists ready for dunking. At the other there is a ten tier cake, designed and made by choccywoccydoodah, to awe the diners and fulfill the fantasy of the host.

The food is exquisit, the winners of Master Chef from all around the globe have prepared eleven different courses, each one getting better and better in order to climax with some heartbreakingly amazing chocolate concoction. Each item of food contains no calories, the wine no hangover, the late night no fatigue... the clock slowed Santa style in order for as much fun to be had as possible. For family and friends to have one night away from what ever reality awaits them at dawn.

Outside in the grounds, stages have been set for the world's most important musical geniuses to perform. Whom ever my guests have in their CD collection are here, taking requests. I have enlisted my own favourites, Matchbox 20, 3 Doors Down, McFly, Gavin Degraw, The Pigott Brothers, The Goo Goo Dolls (to name but a small few) to keep me entertained along with everyone else. Lightshows, fireworks and hovering waiters with never empty trays of drinks add the finishing touches to the perfect entertainment section of the evening.

Then at dawn, when the carriages return, guests are given a diamond encrusted leather bag. This bag however is not only filled with a piece of delicious cake but a lottery ticket and framed photograph of them taken during the evening.

But best of all, the most desired gift in the bag is a wish... unlimited possibilites folded into the shape of a tiny glass angel to simply hold and see... 

Now is that not the most amazing party? I feel so sad that I have not won the lottery and Chatsworth will simply remain a local sight to visit.

But, hey, if you are reading this you are automatically on my guest list.
So as my guest... what would be your wish? 

:)
xx

Mama’s Losin’ It

2 comments:

  1. Wow, your party sounds pretty great, too! I love your line with "the smell of deliciousness"!

    ReplyDelete

Go on... say it. :) xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...