Pages

Monday 20 June 2011

Book Challenge: Book 7 of 30 - Book That I Can Quote / Recite...

Book 7: Book That I Can Quote / Recite.

I am going to cheat slightly and choose a play. Actually, when I first came across it was in book form so it is only a half cheat. I love Shakespeare. His tragedies, comedies, sonnets, the lot. The language fascinates me and it even did back when I was fourteen and first heard Sonnet 29. The play that is my favourite has elements of supernatural, intrigue, comedy, murder, romance and a little bit of craziness. I can quote so many different scenes and lines that I just had to choose it for my book 7 there is nothing else i know quite so off by heart..

Let me have it, please? :)

'Hamlet' By William Shakespeare

Description (courtesy of Amazon):
A young prince meets with his father's ghost, who alleges that his own brother, now married to his widow, murdered him. The prince devises a scheme to test the truth of the ghost's accusation, feigning wild madness while plotting a brutal revenge. But his apparent insanity soon begins to wreak havoc on innocent and guilty alike.

And my favourite quote is not the 'To be or not...' but this...

'The very substance of the ambitious is merely the shadow of a dream...'

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go on... say it. :) xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...