Pages

Tuesday 17 May 2011

Burped - Who slept through...

Now the early morning feed blog is only going to work if both parties, eater and feeder, don't sleep through the 2am feed. I am conscious that Katharine might have been up and waiting but when I woke at 4:30am she didn't strike me as a baby who had been screaming for hours. Should I feel guilty? I have been subjected to 45 minutes of silly baby grins so I am taking that as forgiveness.

So, I think I promised a review?

Fast and Furious 5, I think the fact that I was able to stay awake from start to finish is a hint to its great entertainment prowess. All the old cast were back, those that hadn't been killed off in the previous four movies anyway, so the chemistry that made the other offerings work was still present this time.

Vin Diesel looked as impressive as ever, if a little squishy around the edges, which made his cat fight with Dwayne Johnson amazing to watch. It's not often that you see these two huge guys evenly matched and here you were able to see the chaos that such a match made. Plus being a woman I couldn't help but appreciate all that bulk, ha ha.

The plot was entertaining if a little far fetched but the stunning car work made up for it. The interaction between all the characters also kept you right there in the abandoned warehouse with them, it just worked.

This film also had a certain amount of sentiment and feeling that the other films didn't which I consider a good thing. Not only did it show that the franchise had matured but that the characters had too. With the first film having a 2003 release it would have been silly to think that the goals, feelings and relationships of Dominic's crew would not have evolved by 2011.

The plot twists and turns were as fun as the car chases, as was a witty script. For an action film that always had the potential to be just about the cars, Fast and Furious 5 was well rounded and well worth a watch on the big screen.

8.5 / 10 - yes it was that good.

:) xx

Ps. If you do go and see it you need to watch to the end of the credits for additional scenes that will leave you gobsmacked!

Location:Katharine's Kitchen

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go on... say it. :) xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...