Pages

Thursday 15 April 2010

Musings - Third-Of-My-Life Crisis

Some day soon something in my life is going to click and I am going to have to take a step back and think… wow.

At the moment I think Blah. At the moment I am bemused with a portion of cynical and a side of whimsy.

You see I am turning thirty in September. Thirty!

And apart from the odd stint here and there I can’t really say that I have experienced life. Don’t get me wrong, I don’t have any burning need to hoist on a backpack and head to foreign climates to get mugged so I can write about it; I just... you know… wish I had done more.

I sound like I am giving up, like I am going to blow out my candles and take to my bed to wait it out. I’m not. I just wish I had thought ahead. Saved more, seen more, sexed more.

Now I sound like I am going to cash in my meagre ISA, buy a ticket and get laid somewhere. I’m not. I just… you know… wish.

Getting old seems to have got me procrastinating and dangerously on top of all this thinking I have started thinking. It is slightly revolutionary looking at my lot and questioning it. But thirty, I figure it’s time for a third-of-my-life crisis.

But what? I mean what can I do between now and September that I can remember for the rest of my life?

I am too tired for a toy boy.
Too young for a face lift.
Too poor for a Ferrari.
Too chicken to travel.
Too lazy to finish my novel(s) in that time.

Too… I’m talking myself out of it! No!

Deadline:
I have given myself until the 1st of May to plot and plan and produce a third-of-my-life crisis.

Watch this space!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go on... say it. :) xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...