Pages

Wednesday 31 March 2010

Poem - My Other Life (A Sonnet)

My other life is my parallel, the road I did not walk,
Yesterday’s decisions, reversed, unmade, unchalked.

Obligatory reasoning, no longer ruled by fate,
The very wishes granted that may turn substandard great.
Here Hope’s revered above caution, strength instead of fear,
Escapism from the spiral from which I can not steer.
Rigid expectations, once daunting no longer passed,

Life being the ultimate journey, one try, one shot; one chance.
In real life I flounder but in either I stand proud,
Fortune favours dreamers and so I speak out loud…
Everything about me, makes me who I am,
... neither life is perfect, neither life is damned.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go on... say it. :) xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...