Pages

Monday 15 February 2010

Diary - February 5th to 11th 2010

Diary – Feb 5th to 11th

This week has been about three things…
1. Flat hunting and the hovels we were presented with
2. Painting within the lines
3. Fleshing out my Angel.

My best friend is currently looking for a new place to live. She has been a Halifaxian now for two years and the building she lives in has deteriorated at an alarming rate. Drugs raids, smashed in doors… the maintenance people even replaced the broken lock on the communal front door this week but didn’t think to give any of the tenants a new key so it lasted about three hours before someone took a screw driver to it. We looked at a couple of places, hovels, and decided that as my friend has never or ever will be a squatter they were not for her. Disgusting smells from unknown places do not a welcome homestead make. Plus the estate agent showing us around was pathetic. Tut.

I have been working on my paint by numbers and have almost finished it. Sad I know but it is a great de-stress tool. The mixing of my own colours proved a little funny as what ever number colour I mixed together I always ended up with a green beige. It is looking good though (despite the beige) but I am yet to think what the hell to do with it when it’s done. The recycle men come on a Friday…

I was also brave enough this week to share some of my writing with my colleagues. I was nervous but if I intend to actually do something with my poems and my musings and my novels then I need to suck it up and get some opinions. The opinions I did get were very promising so I feel bolstered to put some more time in and get on with it. It’s my dream so I only have myself to blame if I don’t achieve it.

Oh and I didn’t win the Euro Millions but I wouldn’t have known what to do with all that money anyway. Okay some of it yeah but £113 million? I wonder how much Danny Jones would be?

Next week… I am going to see Avatar for Valentine’s Day. I will report back.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go on... say it. :) xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...